The Greater Philadelphia King Day of Service Signature Site is the hub of more than 100 projects and over 3,000 volunteers – including elected officials, sponsors, community leaders and students from throughout the region. We hope you will join us there!
In 2012, we are thrilled to be back at Girard College. This is a special place: a focal point of the civil rights movement and the site of a historic 1965 protest in which Dr. King and other leaders called for the school to open admission to students of all races.
Organize a service project:
- Engage volunteers in a project that can be completed at Girard College.
- No project is too big or too small - and we can help you recruit volunteers.
Offer a workshop or volunteer training:
- Train volunteers to support your organization year-round.
- Teach a class or workshop on a topic that matters to you: emergency preparedness, civil rights history, college admissions or something else.
Host a table at the Civic Engagement Expo:
- Share information about volunteer opportunities with your organization.
- Sign up volunteers for ongoing service.
- Network with other non-profit organizations.
Provide information or services at the Health & Wellness Fair:
- Provide attendees with information on how to improve their health.
- Offer on-site health screenings, tests or other services.
Participate in the Kids; Carnival:
- Help young people learn more about Dr. King, celebrate his legacy, and have fun.
- Projects include mural coloring, reading, dance, music, dramatic performances, arts and crafts, games, nutrition, financial literacy, workshops and more.
For more information please contact Angelene Nembhard at 215-665-2571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.